domingo, 13 de enero de 2019

Can as an ability for ESL students-part 2

This is the second part of CAN as an ability theme. Read the first part here:

                         Watch the video of the complete resource:

The teacher’s flashcards were turned into student’s cards or small cards. I made a small version for endless activities.
Recycle old McDonald’s fries containers, add a label and sort the small cards.
Watch the video on how to play the game.
Or use the Monster that eats anything. I have used this Monster in several posts. I made it by gluing the printable onto a box and opened a slit for the mouth.
And let’s play scrabble!
 More writing using a printable Ipad image. I placed in plastic sheet, used whiteboard colored markers to erase easily. Students grab a small card and write the word or sentences.
Students can write sentences on their notebooks using the small cards.
Sort the cards into Music or Sports ability verbs using the worksheet.
Worksheets that are fun are a good addition to your resources. I made these where students cut verbs from magazines that relate to an ability. They might have to use a dictionary to make sure it is a verb. If there are not any English language magazine available have them write the verbs they know that relate to them. Then have a talk about me session showing their work.
Girl 1: I can create many things. I like reading. I love pancakes.
Boy 1: I can photograph birds. I can talk to my friends. I can party tonight.

Or have students ask and answer questions with CAN.
I had punched on white cardboard several circles and thought of gluing the small cards onto them to make a memory game.
Craft stick writing. I wrote the pronouns on yellow sticks, the word can on orange sticks, the verbs on green sticks, other words such as a, my on red sticks and nouns on blue sticks. Then have the students write the sentences on the worksheet.

It is hard to find books with the target language so I made this one with Mr. Big Nose. I have made more versions with him on other blog posts.
For those extra minutes take out a game. Print the board game on cardboard. The game pieces are children. I usually place a clip or binder so it can stand. I made the cards for the question the size of a puncher.
Here is a video on how to play.
Follow me and leave your comments!




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario