sábado, 9 de febrero de 2019

Valentine's Day colors

Valentine's Day is such a pretty Holiday!
I made this resource based on colors review.
        To introduce the Holiday, I made some puppets to greet each child.You can use them for almost anything in the class during this month. It is an art to be learned on how to get the most benefit from them.
Now, review colors. The same puppets can be colored. But I placed them into a fun foam crown that I made with a little pocket on the front.
Teacher: What color am I? Red?
Students: NO!! Green! You are green.
The Scrabble letters printed in pink and red can add up to review writing the color word for each heart.
I made these colored paper plates years ago and they work well for sorting.
and a little writing using the colored hearts.

I love making books for the Holidays! It is a cut and paste book with trace the sentence on each page.  
To assemble it I found this cute idea on Pinterest and gave it a try. I thought it would be difficult but it turned out quite easy.Glue a piece of ribbon on the top of each page.
Glue the paper bags one onto another and place the paper with the ribbon into each paper bag.
                          To read each page the student has to pull the ribbon.
I added the character’s from the book to make puppets to make read alongs or for storytelling.
A simple and easy matching game. Students just color each heart in a color and match the heart to the word.
                                                  Or use the worksheet.
Or assemble the OLD LADY that swallowed… a Heart, this time. 
I used a cereal box.
                      I made a few coloring pages. Some are color by number.
                                                     Others are read and color.
                           Follow me! Leave your comments and your requests!




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario