miércoles, 8 de noviembre de 2017

Christmas Resources for ESL/EFL/ELL

All the files to the Christmas resource for Elementary English langauge Learners: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Christmas-Resources-for-Elementary-ESLEFLELL-3482217



A board game fun. There is a board in colored version and black and white o adjust to your needs. All the game markers are colored. And two worksheets to complete the game.

                 Start by presenting the board. You can use the color version or the black/white. If you choose the last option, dictate the colors of Christmas items.

 Have the students name all the vocabulary words they know or show them the flashcards.

Have the game pieces ready with the clip on the back so they can stand.These are the characters available.

Have the students chose his/her character. Show the flashcards if the students are not familiar with them.
Teacher: Who do want to be?
Student 1: ELF. I want to be the ELF.

Introduce the worksheet you will be using. The students will color or draw the item of the board where they land after throwing the dice. They can do this individually or in pairs. The game ends when a student is the first one to color all the worksheet.

Looking through my clip art files I found these cute presents. I thought of making a coloring book, to review color and numbers 1 to 20. Students have to read in order to color correctly.
I made mine and put a book ring instead of binding it.
For reviewing all the numbers I made big cutouts of the presents. You can use them on the board. I also included the number and the word.
Students can also play matching all the words, numbers and presents on the floor.
What is Christmas without the Nativity Scene? I found this lovely clip art. Start with Flashcards to introduce the people of the Nativity Scene.
Teacher: Who is this?

Students: She is Mary.

I cut a flap of an old box and glued the stable cutout. I left it very rustic but you can decorate to make it prettier. You can also dictate the clothes of each person. 
Teacher: Look at Joseph! His tunic is blue.

Teacher: What color is Mary's tunic?
Student: It is pink.

I printed all the people onto skin colored cardboard and colored their clothes.  But you can print it onto white cardboard as well. Students can be assigned a person and color as desired. To make them stand I placed a clip that I opened.

Or use a plastic plate or paper plate to make a Nativity Scene to hang in class. I cut a hole in the midlle to make the chracters stand out.
Have the students in groups make their own Nativity Scene.
I also included a pocket chart to review all the people in the Scene.
Here is how mine turned out.
There are some bookmarks to color to add to this Christmas Collection. Free! Just by request. Email: ei98srl@gmail.com
Follow me and leave your comments!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario