martes, 9 de agosto de 2022

The 3 P's Procedure for teaching Kindergarten EFL

 The very common 3P's procedure can be used to plan your lessons for teaching Kindergarten English Language Learners.

3 P's Procedure for teaching Kindergarten EFL

This is the procedure that I learned when I took my TEFL course in ILAC,Canada. I still use this procedure for lesson planning and for the resources that I create are based on this procedure which has been successful for my students.

      

The 3Ps mean: Presentation, Practice and Production. Three easy words to remember.

Presentation is introducing the new vocabulary or grammar structure.

 Use flashcards,

small cards,
 

or cutouts to present all the new to your students. 
Be creative and varied as to what to use with your students. If I used the flashcards the last class, I would choose the small cards or the cutouts for the next class.

Practice is done with the workbooks or worksheets. This is drilling and repetition part that for young students you should have fun worksheets to do the job.


Production is where students show off what they learned and games are the easiest way to put all their knowledge to use. We never have enough games for the youngest students. They love games. I usually have a variety of common, simple and easy games to play.                                           

I am sure that many teachers use this teaching procedure. If not, here are some basics on this topic to get you started. 

Follow me for updates on new and free resources.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario