martes, 26 de noviembre de 2019

Simple past tense with town and prepositions for ESL

Link to the resource:

I have it at this other store:  

Watch the video of the product.

After reviewing the prepositions as seen on my last blog post let’s get into the simple past tense. Review the places in town with the flashcards.
town unit flashcards.

I made smaller flashcards for speaking purpose. The flashcards are with people at a town building.
people at a town building flashcards
Check the video!

Teacher: Where was she?
Students: She was at the library.

Simple past tense with days of the week. Write questions and answers on the board using the long cards and the flashcards.
Teacher: Where were you on Monday?
Students: I was at the supermarket!
Simple past tense with days of the week.

Simple past tense with past time expressions such as last night, last month.

     Simple past tense with  the most common yesterday.

      Simple past tense with the parts of the day.
            
              Simple past tense with the specific days or dates.
                        
                           Simple past tense with the seasons.

                  Simple past tense with the months of the year.

Nothing better than fun practice. I found a similar idea on the www.mailbox.com, There are several cards for writing sentences. This can be done in a group. Students pick four or five cards and make sentences on their notebook. The students are reminded to use more words in their sentences.

I divided a clear plastic sheet in four using duct tape as I was able to place 4 cards in one sheet.

This snakes and ladders game is for fun and for speaking. Students have to fill in with was or were/wasn’t-weren’t or use for the simple present.
Students make sentences with this printable and write them on their notebook. They can write questions and answers.

Even though some teachers say that worksheets are old fashion, I like them.
And I like to do more with more them than just filling in the blanks. Observe that I cut all the worksheet and paste on the notebook by matching the drawing to the sentences.
Or add the questions and answers for each drawing.
                      Another example.

More worksheets!

Follow me for more! Leave your comments. I would love to hear from you.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario